Another Long Bus Day


PB251496

Now that is what low fat milk should be called.

PB251503

Some people are more friendly than others.

IMG_4251

It’s reported that one of these two is a dummy.

IMG_4253

Don’t blame me. I just post Linda’s photos as I find them.

IMG_4259

I can safely say Linda is “coming around” in terms of taking better photos.

IMG_4268

1080 is a poison used to kill possums. While almost people agree that something must be done to reduce their numbers, not everyone agrees on the best method.

IMG_4276

A real character making billy tea.



Oops, check that, two real characters making billy tea.

PB251521

Two grizzled old opal miners discussing their latest find.

 PB251520

A grizzled old garnet miner explaining to a group of American tourists how to identify garnets in a rock matrix.

 IMG_4289

Another Linda photo. I don’t know what it is about either. I just wanted readers to know what I have to wade through when I download her photos. In Big trouble Bob.

PB251538

A weka (pronounced waka) a walkin’ across the path in front of us. I know I have been remiss in not posting a plethora of photos of the unique birds of Australia and new Zealand. Unfortunately for those looking for bird photos, the time constraints and the fact that my photographic skills result in my normally taking photos of where the bird just was mean bird photos are few and far between. Besides, the most beautiful “bird’ I know is the one I’m married to and I believe I have been rather diligent in posting photos of her.

PB251558

Pancake Rocks. Our tour guide called them one of the wonders of the world. I won’t disagree with that, but I will suggest they will be found on page 1,485 of the wonders of the world book.

IMG_4326

Another of Linda’s flower photos.

PB251571

Can you guess what the daily special was at this café?

PB251572

And “Pancake Stack” is the winner.

PB251570

It is no wonder that the emblem of New Zealand is the fern. Everywhere you go there are fern plants and fern trees. And with that we say goodbye for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps