A Windy Wellington Day


PB270112

With the usual high winds predicted for Wellington today, Linda was busy battening down the laces before we headed out this morning. During the day no shoe laces were blown off, but as to her hair, that was another story.

IMG_4429
Today being Friday in New Zealand, it was Thanksgiving Day Thursday back in the States. I couldn’t find a turkey to photograph, so this Christmas tree Linda saw will have to do.

IMG_4432

Photo by Linda. Don’t ask because I don’t have a clue.

IMG_4436

Even the Wellington sign on the hill above town alludes to the Windy Wellington.

IMG_4439

Next it was a visit to Weta Cave. We had no clue what this was all about before we visited, and only slightly more after we left.

PB270127

Oh my gosh! It attacked Linda. Run Linda, run!

PB270124

Like the sign says: Enhance your cool with a Ray Gun. It’s a Manmelter 3600ZX, Sub-Atomic Disintegrator Pistol. A bargain at only $999.00. I started to joke with Linda that she should buy one when the thought hit me, she might use it on me. Quiet Bob.

PB270125

Those who know don’t ask. Those that ask don’t know. Clueless Bob.

PB270133

Have I mentioned that Wellington is known as Windy Wellington.

IMG_4447

When you have to brace yourself to take a photo you can bet it is windy.

IMG_4451

Colleen demonstrating another way to brace yourself.



Have I mentioned how windy Wellington is?

PB270148

A beautiful wooden church and the only one we visited during the OAT tour. Contrast that to the several churches a day typical of Rick Steves tours. No mutterings of ABC on an OAT tour. (ABC: Another Blasted Church).

PB270152

It was a pretty cool pipe organ, and the organist was playing, making it even better. Also, while here one of the members of the tour group dropped his camera in the toilet, apparently proving that lack brains doesn’t prevent you from going on an OAT tour.

IMG_4472

Another of those Linda photos.

PB270163

Speaking of Linda, after a day of being buffeted by gale force winds, it was time for a little rest and relaxation.

A note about posts: We have had some very poor internet connections mixed with some long days so I got behind in my posts. Looking ahead we leave on Sunday for Fiji and we may have extremely limited internet while on our island. I will post if able, but it may be several weeks until I can post again. I will have a post for every day of the trip, at least that is my plan. Unless Fiji is so much fun I won’t have time write, that is. Befuddled Bob.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Nesting Albatross and Rockhopper Penguins - Nov 26, 2019