Puente Viesgo Caves, Awesome Altimira and Magan’s Presentation - -Oct. 11, 2018

DSC05285


I have not been posting the usual blogger’s required 15 food photos every day. So I trust this one of the great Spanish breakfast I enjoyed this morning makes up for it. I feel sorry for those on the expedition (they don’t call it a tour) who only eat what they would in the States. They simply have no sense of what it is to be in a different country. Maybe you don’t like everything they fix, at least try it, then decide. I can remember years ago in some country I can’t remember, I tried something, I don’t remember what it was, that I didn’t like. As long as the yellow yolk of an egg isn’t staring at me, I’m willing to try almost anything. Linda doesn’t say I have any taste buds and a cast iron stomach for nothing. Neanderthal Bob.


DSC05289


Ready for the day. Three ladies, as opposite each other in their life experiences as possible, yet  bound together as one on this expedition. It’s why it has been such a great experience.


PA110648


Beauty is not just found in the caves of Basque country.


PA110652


Not a cave we visited. It was one I stood in front of while Linda took a photo. Since my modeling skills are not up the she who designed and modelled, I will not embarrass myself by posting the photo.


PA110662


Linda called me her cave man. I don’t think I quite live up to that appellation, but if she thinks so it is more than good enough for me. Old Out of Shape Quasi-Caveman Bob who has the most awesome wife.


DSC05298


Returning from the cave. Remember, no photos allowed. It was the most difficult tour of the entire trip. Many stairs, everything wet and slippery, yet worth all the effort. Very few visitors to these caves visit this section. I was so glad we did. Mind memories will have to suffice for us, but the knowledge we did it is enough.


DSC05301


Use the right model, one that knows just where to stand and what to do, and the photographer just needs to click the shutter. Smart Bob.


DSC05303



PA110665


DSC05304


All photos taken outside the cave on the large murals depicting some of the cave painting.


PA110692

.

Interesting choice for our after meal drinks at lunch. Think pure alcohol with some flavoring. Those that sipped didn’t like it. Those that slammed it down said WOW!. I was in the WOW! group. First mine, then the rest of Linda’s. Happy Bob.


PA110700


By now you know that if I don’t post this, she who took it will not be happy, which means I would be very unhappy. Not Unhappy Bob.


PA110702


Last cave of the day. This was another exact replica of the actual cave.


DSC05348


Wonderful paintings.


DSC05356


PA110745


The use of the natural shape of the rocks to give a 3D look was amazing.


PA110755


Spain is different from France.


DSC05383


Different in many ways.


PA110769


By what ever name they are called, they sure are good. And so ends another long day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Nesting Albatross and Rockhopper Penguins - Nov 26, 2019