Attempting a slideshow of La Roche-Derrien and Josselin. It is to try and show why we think these towns are so special. May your travels take you to places as awesome as these.
The Cruise is Over - May 11, 2024 - 5,904 Steps It was over months ago we walked out to this same spot shortly after we boarded the ship. Then it was a glorious and joyous afternoon, today it was a glorious but sad morning. Instead of watching to see if could recognize our luggage being loaded aboard the Zuiderdam, it was watching to see if we could spot it being off loaded. The lineup of trucks bringing provisions for the next sailing that would be leaving a few hours. Trucks were lined up in the far distance awaiting their turn to unload. Port Everglades is a very busy cruise ship terminal. There was a staggering amount of food to be loaded onto the ship. A pallet of apples. A last look at the old home place that served us so well for the past mounts. Literally shutting the door on one of the most awesome adventures we have ever been on. But the fall of next year we will be opening the door on an another one. We patiently waited for our group, Gray 1, to be called. The lu...
The weather has continued to not be the nicest, though it didn't get cold enough last night to unhook the water. That has meant most of our time has been spent inside the coach with the majority of outside time involving trips into Livingston to do some shopping. It's hard to believe the woman I married, the one who only went buying and never shopping, could in her dotage look at shopping as exercise. Who says you can't teach an old grizzly new tricks. Next thing you know I'll be calling her, Linda the frisky circus bear. In my dreams, in my dreams. I think that Linda may have finally crossed one of life's great divides and is now truly living the Life we talk about. Note she is sweeping, but that was all that took place, except for just a minor bit of dusting. Today there was no making sure every last tiny nook was clean, not now, probably not ever again. Nor was everything picked up and put away, leaving every flat surface exposed and appearing to be unuse...
Not everyday need be packed full of activities. Some days it is okay to simply sit back and smell the roses, or whatever the name of this flower is that grows scattered around Navini. I thought that was a nice way of using another of Linda’s flower photos if I do say so. Budding Bob. Another day, another outing. Linda the handline fisherlady. The number of people fishing went up significantly today. I wonder if the fact I showed a lot of people the photos and bragged about the fish Linda caught the other day had anything to do with it? Today my job was to feed the fish, making them hungrier yet so they attacked everyone else’s hook. Okay, so I admit it, I was the only one of the eleven of us not to catch a fish. Skunked Bob. I couldn’t even catch a fish and meanwhile, Linda not only caught fish, she worked on her suntan at the same time. Not fair. Not fair. First rule of ...
Comments
Post a Comment