One of Our Many Sea Days - January 4, 2024 - At Sea

That first post onboard the ship took, like, forever to do. I'll just say that problems abounded every step of the way and leave it at that. We both are very please with how awesome the Starlink internet is onboard. Once I have time to change the some of the default HTML and CSS in the blogger template, creating the blog should go much faster.


Nothing like starting the day with a food photo of breakfast. My goal is to always eat new items every meal rather tan something I've eaten before. Exceptions are my morning orange juice and the wine with lunch and dinner. It will be interesting to see how long I can go with this before eating something I've had before.


I missed posting an image of our verandah with the room photos yesterday. Old boB.


The wake photo that is required by all cruise ship blogs.


There are activities galore going on during sea days. One that caught our eyes was the one on creative writing. The lady that teaches it has done it on these long cruises for years and is she ever good, not that I would know any better, never having attended a writing class before.


Having forgotten to eat lunch, I went up to the pool deck after the writing class and got the worlds smallest brat and skimpiest helping of fries at what is called the Dive In. Offsetting the potion sizes was the fact the taste was fantastic. Proves the adage: Good things come in small packages. And lest you think my taste buds were influenced by the margarita on the tray. Come to think of it, maybe it did have a tiny bit of influence as to the flavor satisfaction I perceived was present. Or was that the second margarita? Baffled Bob.


As any long time readers of my travel blogs know, Linda suffers from an acute sensitivity to motion. I'm not going to say that one of those boxes was filled with motion sickness preventatives, but she is VERY well prepared to combat whatever the ship and sea inflict upon her. It is unreal, but as her wellbeing indicates, these wrist bands really do work.


Another of the free perks acquired when you sign up early for the cruise.

 

It was "Block Party" time this afternoon with the room stewards coming around again and again with bottomless bottles of red, white and sparkling wine.


Please don't think the cruise has been a nonstop drinking party. It is not. Between 10 PM and 8 AM everyone rests up for the next day. Exaggerating Bob.


The Sea View Bar is on the outside aft deck which was where the previous night's Sail Away Party was held. There that party word again, sorry about that. As an aside my guess is the average age of the people on board is close to 80 which means any younger people reading this blog have many, many years of partying yet in their future. Bob, husband of party animal Linda, not.


Whatever could he be making? My guess is a mango margarita for Linda.


Two lovely Zuiderdam party animals living Life to it's fullest!


Another those obligatory cruise photos. Special thanks to Linda. Lucky Bob.


Yes it's blurry. Yes, it's only part of a bird. But sometimes the best you can do is good enough. I couldn't even get a photo of this bird soaring quite some distance from the boat. Linda however was able to take this photo which allows to identify it as a female Frigate bird. Besides who really needs a photo when we were able to stand on the aft deck of the ship and watch these magnificent birds slowly soaring over head. We are on a World Voyage Because We Can.


Linda says my mouth never stops moving when we are onboard. That I am either eating, drinking or talking. I guess she is right.


Dinner. I don't know the type of cheese, what the meat or sauce was. And I have no idea what the sautéed leafy greens were as i pursued my quest to always eat something different, but i can tell you that whatever they were, they were absolutely delicious. 


Dessert No. 1. Was this the one I ate?


Dessert No. 2. Was this the one I ate? Answer at the end of the post.


The pianists in the Boardwalk Lounge, our nightly haunt.


Last night I posted a photo of the other pianist/singer. All I can say is there absolutely no comparison between the two. The fellow is a thousand times better than the other one. And so you know, they are hired separately to do this. The sad thing is he  will be leaving the ship in Hawaii, but until then we will enjoy his music ability.

And now the answer the question of which dessert did Bob eat. Those that know me got the right answer: BOTH! Bob the Pig, lol.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps