A Food and Entertainment Day at Sea - January 21, 2024 - World Voyage Day 19 - 6139 Steps

Overheard conversation: "At first I resented that there were so many sea days on the voyage. Now I look forward to them so I can rest up." To which Linda and I add a hearty Amen.

Morning view from our verandah.

Not much water under the keel.

Not as much speed as usual.



Bow view.

The lower hinge on the door hiding the frig was pulling out of the wooden panel when we moved in, but not any longer.

Major foody day today. Lunch had an Italian theme and dinner was Caribbean. My pork knuckle and mushrooms were soooo good.

My first taste of mussels hit the spot and the rest of the plate was very good.

Could it be called a deknuckled knuckle?

Empty shells are the best shells when I am the one demusseled them.

The colors of Italy in the dessert.

And moving right along, I present the bean soup to introduce the evening's Caribbean theme. 

Pork, corn and beans, sausage and tomatoes. My was it ever good.

My philosophy about the foods for these types of meals is it doesn't matter that i have little or no idea of what the food is, if it looks good I'm all for trying it.

Chef Tuchar got in the theme of the evening in more ways than just the food his chefs prepared. He he is modeling his spice necklace. I think the fact I could only guess the nutmeg might  have qualified me for a dishwasher job. 

Andrea Amat, a flautist extraordinaire was the guest at Cocktails with Kimberley after dinner. It is always amazing to listen to these talented people talk about how the obstacles they faced in their career choice led them to where they are now. Off the stage she is a shy, introverted person. On stage she is a grand diva of the flute. Or should I say flutes as she plays four different ones during her performance. And for all those people who think someone with her talent can just go on stage and play. Every day other than after the day she performs she practices her basics for at least two hours.

Then came the Flyrights again. A command appearance because of all the feedback given after their previous performance. They had the audience on our feet singing, dancing, clapping, yelling and screaming like were back in the 60's again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps