Entering the Amazon River - January 10, 2024 - 12,785 Steps

 A bit of catch-up here. We bought pedometers for the trip so we would know how many steps we took each date. This came about because there were so many forum posts wondering how much walking there was onboard ship. From now on I will post I will post how many steps we take each day. Below are my steps for last week.

Jan 3 - 6873

Jan 4 - 7760

Jan 5 - 6105

Jan 6 - 5110

Jan 7 - 6210

Jan 8 - 3455

Jan 9 - 10321

It is expected we will be entering the Amazon around around 1 PM. 

I've had very few quibbles with any of the food served, but I just have to say the grilled tomato on this plate was the least ripe tomato I've had in a very long time.

Interesting monitor in the Exploration Lounge.

View of the bow from the Exploration Lounge.

After a week of cruise ship meals, she who knows best decided that we needed to start walking. Due to the outside weather not being to her liking, we walked all the corridors on deck 7 and deck 6.

The vacuums onboard ship have personality.

The hanging stairs in the Atrium.

Deck 1 view of the Atrium.

While Linda attended a class, I strolled around the Promenade Deck.

Two of the chef's demonstrated how they prepared a shrimp meal in the class Linda attended.

She said the banter back and forth between the chef's was great and the food was also. I was told that since it was being served in the Main Dinning Room tomorrow night, that is where we will be eating instead of in the buffet as we usually do.

After my Promenade Deck stroll and while she was at a cooking demonstration, I sat out on our verandah and did some cooking of my on. Between the heat and the sweat pouring off me I was doing a fair imitation of braising felt like.

The Boss Lady has also strongly "suggested" that any further gluttonous behavior of mine while in a buffet serving line should be moderated. This was my lunch time meal in its entirety. You have no idea how hard it was to give up my usual two desserts plus cookies. 

The brown water stirred up by the propellers says we are nearing the mouth of the Amazon.

I do enjoy the creative writing classes hosted by Jackie. Today dealt with words about or describing sounds.

The brown, muddy water of the Amazon.




I just realized as I was writing that it appears there are two types of lifeboats on board. One of these sea days I'll have to compare them.

As always, wherever we are, soon or later it is 5 o'clock.

Bean soup appetizer in the Main dining Room (MDR).


The Lamb Chops were very good.

I didn't know what this dessert would be when I ordered it. At least Linda was happy since I should wouldn't be pigging out on it. The cookie base was about twice the size of a Ritz cracker.

The service was superb.


The singer, who was Barzilian, had an awesome voice. And so ended another day aboard MS Zuiderdam.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps