"Devil's Island" Visit - January 9, 2024 - 10,321 Steps Today

While it is called a visit to Devil's Island, it really isn't. Devil's island is off limits to all humans. The visit is to Isle Royal which is nest to Devil's Island and was the administrative center.

Secondly today has many photos, just call me Bob of many photos and few words. Really, I promise there are few words.


We are in shallow water for sure. (Note: During the Captain's announcements this evening he said there was 4 feet of water under the keel where we were moored today.)

Some of the same old for breakfast.

People put all kinds of weird things on their doors.

We had to tender to the island.


Linda and her chicken photos!



There were lots of mango trees dropping fruit, not sure if this was one.

Big leaf


I liked the view.


It's called a natural picture frame, or at least it likes like one to me.



Monkey's in the trees are hard to photograph.




Cemetery for the children of the employees. Death sought everyone.




If she had her way the chicken would the national bird.



Monkey's on the ground are also hard to photograph.



Married wardens (guards) quarters.


Area where prisoners condemned to death where held.


Water supply reservoir site.



It was not a place of comfort.





European Space Agency (ESA) tracking station.


Isle Diablo








Iguana




 Passengers sit while the driver stands.


The nightly 5 o'clock happy hour on the Lido aft deck.


Appetizer plate


Mains plate. Please be advised that I have been told that under any conditions am I to take three desserts at any meal in the future. I'm not sure if a chocolate dessert, a lemon tart and 2 cookies count as three desserts or not. Looking at breakfast I believe that means I can have 2 donuts (they do count as dessert don't they) in addition to my sweet roll. If this goes the way I think it does, her rule will actually allow me to have even more desserts than I have been taking. Smart But Bulbous Bulging Bob.


Since Sid was supposed to put on an excellent show, we journeyed up in the balcony to what we thought were fairly good seats.


Then across the way in the box where only the most important passengers sit we saw something amazing.


There sat Shari and Bert! Now I'm wondering if instead of saying "Hi" when we get together, maybe we should say "How very pleased we are to meet your Royal Excellency's".


I have say that we both laughed a great deal during his standup routine.


I very seldom use the Elevators, preferring to walk (for exercise), so this was my first chance to make sure today really was Tuesday. Smart Bob.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps