World Voyage Creative Writing Class Exercises

 We both have really enjoyed attending the creative writing classes led by Jackie Chase on sea days. I thought I'd post some examples of my not always stellar endeavors that come out of the class.


This was an attempt to combine writing and photography. Thought I'd have a bit of fun with it by combining photos of some of my favorite desserts with the added gentle touch of some humorous poetry topping. Anyone who has been on cruise should the able to relate to my fate.


Conversations With a Plate



Below are several of my in class exercise responses. This one was to write one sentence about the sound of fear.

It wasn't the ants scurrying madly over and around my feet that bothered me, no, it was the fiery pain from their bites that had me screaming.


This one was to write about something unexpected.

 In hindsight I wish I had told you the label on the fancy evening gown you were so proudly wearing to attend our town's Grand Ball was sticking up from the gown. At the time I thought it was rather humorous. How was I to know you would be one of the select few who would model their dresses in front of all the attendees. While it was also a somewhat laughing matter to those you walked by as you modeled it, I learned later much to my everlasting chagrin, it was no laughing matter to you.


This one was to write about an open window, a person and an object.

I smiled as my girlfriend crawled out through my room's window carrying her bra in her hand, darting up the sidewalk to hurry home trying to beat her curfew.

And lastly another one combining writing with a photo.



I adjusted the original image to make it somewhat darker trying to mirror the subject matter. I then chose to make many of the lines of type jagged reflecting the projecting sharp mouth and barbed legs of this ferocious insect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps