Grenada - January 20, 2024 - Grand World Voyage Day 18 - 14381 steps

 

While others sleep the blogger toils away in the darkness of the early morning using only a small light for illumination. I find that is the best time to work as there is virtually no one using Star link at that time of day and the images and videos upload very rapidly. One other thing I do is use Dragon to dictate my writing as my typing skills are atrocious, which is putting it mildly.

As we were eating breakfast in the Lido Market this appeared beside us as we moved into our docking slot. Having my camera with me as always, I took a short video of what we were seeing out the window. The noise from the room was so loud I removed the sound.



You know those times but we think to ourselves this is a really bad idea and then foolishly go about business as usual for getting what a really bad idea it was. This was the result of the application of the foregoing to setting a number of cardboard boxes on the floor of the bathroom under the sink area. Did you know they have a drain in the floor of the bathroom aboard cruise ships for a very good reason.

In our case something happened while we were eating breakfast and you can probably guess what it was. Somehow or other our toilet malfunctioned and decided that rather than sucking as usual it will spew, which it did with the expected effect. Due to the emergency activity of removing the boxes from the water on the floor no pictures or video of that activity is available. Just as image of the nicely clean floor after the fact.

Sometimes you just have to take a picture of what you see, this was one of them.

It was a much happier experience with our excursion on Granada today. The first moment was when we were led over to our bus and saw that it was a minibus. Even better it wasn't even full so we had plenty of room.


Exiting the cruise terminal one of the first things we saw out the window was this. Not knowing what Grenada was like we wondered if there was another touristy place where the big American companies were in abundance everywhere.

The next turn brought is like this and we realized that once you left the immediate vicinity of where the cruise ships docked the real Grenada started.

It always amazes me how colorfully most people dress in countries around the world except where a certain Middle East religion seems to predominate.

Our first stop was at a spice garden. This is one of those images where no words are necessary to explain what is going on other than the guide is holding something unfamiliar to all the people around her.

So why has Linda posing in front of the tree? The easy answer is because I told her to come over and stand in front of it so I can take her picture.

Another answer is because it was a type of tree neither of us could ever remember seeing before. Though they don't look like it the two little objects by my hand will grow into something I really enjoyed grating and putting into foods. Often much more of a that Linda really wants into the food. All I can say is I really love the taste that it adds.

The language of Grenada is because at one time it was under the control of Britain, having gained its independence in the early 1970s. So back to the tree, I consider Linda to be(at times, acquainted others, and I shall pass on what I call her on rare occasions. For those first two reasons I thought it fitting for her to stand where royalty once stood.

Black pepper is actually a stone fruit and the plant is a vine that can climb up to 30 feet. The other interesting fact is that the only difference between black pepper, white pepper, and red pepper is when it's picked.

It's usually sold as a diluted liquid in a bottle, but on rare occasions we buy as these pods and scrape it out even though it is quite costly when bought in that way way. I guess that could be turned using real vanilla

When Linda took this photo she said she was trying to take one of the cemetery that was beside the church, so why was I using it since there was no cemetery in the photo. To me it is a case of a image telling a story. The island of Grenada has been here for eons the green vegetation on the land and the sky and clouds above. Later came the European explorers and soon churches arose on the land. In the 20th century electricity and the poles and wires that are necessary to distribute it appeared. Then in the 21st century came the now indispensable cell phone and the sprouting of cell phone towers everywhere. As I said in the beginning, an image tells a story.

One of the stops on our excursion was for drinks. It seemed like most people opted for either a rum punch or bottled water. On the other hand some of us opted for something different. This was the beer of choice on my part. 

The ladies opted for a Mimosa beer. All three of us agreed our choices were excellent.

At the end of the day between Linda and I we took 370 photos, this street scene was one of them.

Color, color is everywhere especially the colors of Grenada which are red, gold and green.

Grenada being a island nation fishing is one of the ways to earn a living. Our guide told us that fishermen leave at 4 AM in the morning travel over 50 miles to the waters where the fish are found, and finally return at four in the afternoon.

It's why I always prefer a window seat when we go on excursions.

Long time readers know this appears to be one of my infamously banned but shots but I assure you that she who very rigorously enforces that ban has given me permission to use this photo as it tells a story. This was the trail to and overlook to where we could supposedly have a view of a leg that is now in what is a extinct volcano. More about that later. The point of this photo is the light brown material two steps below where she is now. If you think that mud resembles the color and consistency of baby poo you are absolutely correct. Unhappy Linda. Chuckling Bob.

The view of the volcanic lake from the tower atop the climb.

It doesn't have the color of Grenada and yes it's about some snack food that you can get most anywhere, but the slogan is also fitting about Grenada. It would be easy to decide to come back here once again


As Linda was going up the ramp to board the ship I stood and waited to take this picture, calling out to her when she was centered on the sign. I guess the lady behind her had the same name because when I yelled Linda that lady looked at me, while my Linda continued on into the ship, never looking. I guess I needed to be more formal when calling out to her and yelling out "Your Majesty look at your humble servant," would have been better. Bad Bob.

When we cast-off the ship backed away from the pier, then rotated using the side thrusters to head out to sea. We were enjoying an adult beverage in the Ocean Bar on deck 3 at the time, so I took some video of what we were seeing through the windows. As before, no sound.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps