Just another Normal Fiji Day

 

 

PC090608

 

Don’t think everyday in Fiji is the same, eat, read, snorkel and sleep. Take today for example when we were faced with which way do you turn the sink faucet handle to get hotter water. Once we got it figured out, we went to breakfast, read, then went snorkeling. Just so you know, here there is no such thing as cold water from the faucet, just warm, warmer and hot. Obviously our Fiji isn’t for everyone, then there are the big resorts for those that demand cold water, also love mobs of people.

 

PC090610

 

The three wonderful ladies, Joka, Ana and Esta who serve our meals always tease me about the cup of green tea I have with breakfast. This morning I changed it to lemon tea. When Ana brought my tea she told me that real Fiji lemon tea is different than what they serve here. Instead of tea and lemon in a bag, they simply steep the leaves of the lemon tree, something we will have to try when we are at our daughter’s house over Christmas.

 

PC090611

 

If you’ve ever wondered where and how the blog gets posted, now you know.

 

PC090613

 

The reason there are no rodents in the waters around Navini. I even knew what it was when I took it and I was still frightened.

 

PC090614

 

Why we like to go snorkeling.

 

PC090628

 

Another of those blue sea something or others. And yes, that is Linda’s finger just inches away from it.

 

PC090641

 

We actually see dozens and dozens of fish, it is just that Linda’s husband carries the camera and usually forgets to take photos of the fish.

 

PC090645

 

Starfish.

 

PC090650

 

Mermaid.

 

PC090627

 

And lots of out of focus, blurry photos. Stutter Shutter Bob.

 

PC090636

 

And extremely rarely I actually take a somewhat decent photo. I just tell Linda that we need to take a few more trips like this and I’ll soon be taking better photos. To which she just smiles. I take that means yes.

 

PC090653

 

Back to food. I went through my banana cake like Sherman through Georgia, scraping the plate clean.

 

PC090654

 

When I started gazing lustfully at Linda’s this is what she did. I think she would actually let me starve to death.

 

IMG_4715

 

I thought I’d be smart and show Linda that she could put her fins on and still walk. She was definitely convinced, convinced that only an idiot would try to walk down to the beach wearing fins. I didn’t agree with her, preferring to use the term ignorant person rather than idiot. To which she retorted, “Well, in your case they both mean the same thing.” Perceptive Linda.

 

PC090663

 

One of the many things that makes Navini so special, community meals where newly made friends get together. Navini, we will miss you, as well as Sue, Eric, Paula, Peter, Sylvanna and Anthony from whom we’ve learned of myriad other wonderful places to travel,

 

 PC090656

Not exactly one of those magnificent Texas sunsets, but Fiji has a lot of other things going for it,  that Texas doesn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps