Around the World in 128 Days - Heading West to Hawaii (Spam the food? and Scotch)

 Travel Day 29 - January 31, 2024 - 9775 Steps

This a Bad Bob Notification: I just found out that comments to the blog were set to something abhor for any website, that the person comment was restricted to persons who had a google account. I've changed so anyone can comment with no need for anything other than the ability to say something. Like said at the beginning Bad Bob.


Early morning in the Lido buffet. A sea day after two consecutive days of excursions means more than one two people are sleeping in since it is usually very busy at this time of the morning.


Tried something different in place of the usual orange juice. Won't try it again. I was trying to duplicate the low sodium V8, hot sauce and ground pepper concoction I make every morning at home and it tasted terrible.


Calmer seas this morning, but the foreword looking forecast is for waves increasing in height all the way to Hawaii.






A great interview by Kimberly with the guest speaker (he's fantastic) giving numerous talks about everything Hawaiian. The brief video excerpt below where he talks about Spam is hilarious.





One of those strange photos that are occasionally found when downloading Linda's camera.


Liked the flower arrangement and thought I'd try something different with the image. Two "artsy" images in a row, has my blog gone highbrow?



He's hard to understand because of the strong accent, we do enjoy watching his cooking demonstrations. Below are his comments when asked about which oil to use.





I know there was fish, mussels and mashed potatoes on the plate, but else there was went in one ear and out the other.




Linda's such a crafty girl. I love all the things she makes.



Linda and I parted ways tonight, not permanently, just for a few hours. She went to World Stage to see a comedian, who was quite good by the way.


Meanwhile I was off with a more manly pursuit in mind, a Scotch tasting.


The four we tasted, the only one which excited me was the Talisker.


The three we didn't taste. I know what I like and they simply don't have anything like it on the ship. Overwhelming amounts of peat, seaweed and saltiness is my preference, so I'm off to go on a bourbon spree for a while. Since my palate isn't nearly as refined when it comes to bourbon many are acceptable to me. Just don't try to get me to drink Jim Beam or Old Crow, blaaah! What garbage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps