Around the World in 128 days - Seychelles Islands Day 2

 

Travel Day 93 - April 5, 2024 - 15,743 Steps



Yep, another glorious sunrise. It's what happens when one gets up early.



At 6:40 am the temperature is 80 and the humidity 90. One time around the outside deck and I was dripping wet. After yesterday's outing we decided to stay onboard ship today. It looks like it was a smart move.


Mea culpa. I was informed last night by Linda that I was misspelling Seychelles. Got the errors corrected at least and now I can spell it correctly. As an aside it is pronounced Say Shells. I know because she who knows best informed me I had also been mispronouncing it.


A very colorful fleet of boats.


The granite mountains of the island reach up to the clouds.


Everything that is here has to come by ship, including vehicles.


When something major has a problem on the forward part of the ship, he's the man to fix it.


Once again they came back on a hanger.


Linda mentioned to me that the chime for the elevator indicated whether it was going up or down. Since I always use the stairs I thought I'd determine what was what because I was always hearing the chimes (nearly everyone uses the elevator instead of the stairs) as I walked up or down. With that, the video shows the results of my experiment into the mystery of the dinging elevator chimes. 


For speaking three languages, all the signs we see are in English.


Tug bringing a ship into to docked alongside the blue ship. In the afternoon they were transferring something between the two.


Lines running from the ship to the tugs had us puzzled for a while.


Interisland cargo for an island nation.


Another of those strange Linda photos. I walk the halls for exercise nearly every day and have never seen filters like this.


Wind turbines and solar panels. Their goal is to have 15% of the energy consumed in the Seychelles be renewable by 2030. If you ever wondered where does the electricity for a small island nation come from here is a link to their public utility website. Besides electricity there is also water and wastewater, things we never think about when we visit a nation like this. I dug deep enough to learn that almost all of their electricity is generated by diesel fuel.


Looks like something from a science fiction movie.


The macadamia nut cookie monster strikes on its way past the dessert bar.



Reflections of the way things are meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Nesting Albatross and Rockhopper Penguins - Nov 26, 2019