Around the world in 128 Days - At Sea Passing Through the Kanmon Straight

 

Travel Day 61 - March 4, 2024 - 2,899 Steps

Note: We will be entering the waters of China in the next day or so. At that time Blogger and Facebook will stop working so there will be no posts for between 9 or 10 days while we are visiting China. Once we are beyond Chinese censorship I will post the blogs for those days though it may take a while to catch up.


We're enjoying it while we can as the forecast is calling for a change this afternoon.


Kim doing her thing. Linda became curious as to what her age was. I did some sleuthing and came up with the answer in Kim's own words. She was born in 196t, to which Linda replied there's no way she's that old. I noted she said she had been in the entertainment business her whole life, so maybe there's been a bit of "nipping and tucking" to her appearance.


Excellent cooking demonstration by visiting Chinese chef.


Ingredients


Turned into great looking food.


Talking about food, I had a taco "explode" in my had today at lunch. Quick action by Linda when we returned to the room with hot water, plenty of soap followed by her works every time, Tide Togo Instant Stain Remover and it now looks like nothing happened. I asked her why the hot water, I thought it was cold water for stains and she said it was because the stain was from the meat and was likeey greasy so hot water is best. I learned something, but also reinforced how well I married. Lucky Bob.


 
Our stop tomorrow, the last one in Japan and rain is forecasted.


As pretty as a picture thanks to Linda.


Going through the Straight it seemed like there was a constant stream of ships,




Darned bird flew right in front of the camera as I was taking this photo.


Little lighthouse replaced with a very large lighted arrow sign.





The Kanmon Bridge across the Straight.





Linda was up on the Lido Deck when passed under the bridge .


Wako Mow Mountain Pagoda near the bridge. At least that is what google translate said  the article I found using google image  referred to it as.


Just as we were exiting the Straight I saw what I was sure was a steel mill off to the port side. I looked it up just to be sure and found out something very interesting about the town it is located in, On  August 9, 1945 the entire area was obscured by smoke and clouds, causing the 2nd atomic bomb to dropped on Nagasaki instead of right here which was the primary target.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Wind and Waves at Sea - January 18, 2024 - World Voyage Day 16 - 8051 Steps