Leaving on a Jet Plane - August 1, 2019


Thanks to all of Linda's lists, everything is packed, the RV is closed up and we are ready to go. We will be gone for six weeks this time, with the following countries on our itinerary, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England and The Netherlands. The first three being our first visit to them. And something new for me will be using using Dragon Naturally Speaking to dictate the blog. I use it for all my genealogy transcription work, so I thought why not try to use it to dictate the blog this trip. Note – it is not being used for this day’s blog as I am trying my best to type it as we are traveling to Frankfurt to catch our flight to Edinburgh, Scotland. I packed the headset I use to dictate in our luggage.That definitely rates a: Bad Bob.


I was late getting all my jobs done and every time we travel she tells me I put to many things off to the day we are leaving, and every time she is right. Not again? Yep, Bad Bob.



First Selfie of the trip, McAllen to Houston aboard United Express. One thing we always do is schedule plenty of time between connections for our outbound trips. We will have 2 1/2 hours at IAH before our Lufthansa overnight flight leaves for Frankfurt, so no worries on Linda’s part. In my distant former life, running through airports was a several times a week experience. Oh, the stories I could tell.


Now we come to the section I will label footgear and food. On these long flights, this one is ten hours, the key is to get nice and comfortable.


Linda and I have differing opinions of what is comfy. She spends ten minutes once we get in our seats, we upgrade to economy plus for these flights, getting everything just so, which includes  giving me her million watt smile and asking if she can have my pillow. Softy Bob always gives it to her. When she’s happy I’m happy.


My idea of comfy. Just wear what I always wear.


The row beside us also looks like it goes for the sock solution.














We always book early and get two abreast seating if available. We look at that the extra legroom is worth the price and the upgrade food and all you can drink is a bonus. While I was enjoying my Viognier and sparkling water, was Linda was smacking her lips over an outstanding gin and tonic. Life is good indeed.


Awesome food, no really, and another bottomless glass of Viognier.



I wasn’t sure what Cavatappi was, but when it sounded like the flight attendant told the people in the row ahead of us it was fish, all could think of was tilapia. Checking what Cavatappi is now that I have internet, it is a corkscrew type of pasta. At least I enjoyed the chicken I had. You learn something new all the time.

Since we are heading north, it is going to be light for a long time, but I’ve about had it for the day, so I’ll end this post here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Nesting Albatross and Rockhopper Penguins - Nov 26, 2019