A Fun Filled Day in Fiji

 

IMG_4638

 

Not everyday need be packed full of activities. Some days it is okay to simply sit back and smell the roses, or whatever the name of this flower is that grows scattered around Navini. I thought that was a nice way of using another of Linda’s flower photos if I do say so. Budding Bob.

 

PC050479

 

Another day, another outing.

 

PC050482

 

Linda the handline fisherlady.

 

PC050483

 

The number of people fishing went up significantly today. I wonder if the fact I showed a lot of people the photos and bragged about the fish Linda caught the other day had anything to do with it?

 

IMG_4640

 

Today my job was to feed the fish, making them hungrier yet so they attacked everyone else’s hook. Okay, so I admit it, I was the only one of the eleven of us not to catch a fish. Skunked Bob.

PC050480

 

I couldn’t even catch a fish and meanwhile, Linda not only caught fish, she worked on her suntan at the same time. Not fair. Not fair.

 

PC050486

 

First rule of being a guide: never catch a fish bigger than the guest. That’s not his bait, that’s the fish he caught.

 

PC050485

 

Linda’s parrot fish. When I asked how she caught it she said she didn’t even know she had hooked it, but she brought her line up and it was on it. Some people have all the luck. Dejected Bob.

 

IMG_4643

 

We realized there haven’t been many photos of what Navini Island looks like. This the main path we take back towards our bure.

 

IMG_4644

 

A coconut palm right beside our bure.

 

PC050489

 

The dining area.

 

PC050491

 

In the afternoon we spent time as usual snorkeling. Today Linda ventured out farther than ever and we were treated to a large number of colorful fish. If you notice a singular lack of underwater photos it because I didn’t take the camera. I wanted to make sure and have both hands available to help her if needed. What I didn’t expect was her to live up to her new name, water nymph, and throw in a little bit of mermaid to boot. I hope I can handle what I’ve created!

 

PC050493

 

Ready to head over to the Fijian night celebration. To answer the question, what does a man wear under his sulu? Only Linda knows. To answer the question, what does a woman wear under her sulu? Only Linda knows because I wasn’t paying attention when she put it on. Curious Bob.

 

IMG_4657

 

Uncovering the fire pit.

 

IMG_4662

 

At 2:30 a fire was started and rocks piled atop it. At 4:30 the food, wrapped in foil was placed on the rocks, palm fronds went on next, then burlap and an outer cover. At 7:30 it was uncovered.

 

IMG_4668

 

Lots of very good stuff.

 

IMG_4671

 

Dessert.

 

IMG_4673

 

Kava time. By the end of the evening it had been kava time at least ten times.

 

IMG_4677

 

There was music and singing.

 

IMG_4680

 

And there was dancing. Lots and lots of dancing.

 

IMG_4682

 

This person got so much into the dancing she pulled a Janet Jackson. It’s not nice when your Sulu starts heading for your ankles. I missed the excitement so I still don’t know what was under her sulu.

 

IMG_4689

 

Our hosts had just as much fun, it not more than we did.

 

IMG_4690

 

I may have left this part out, so I’ll end by mentioning there was kava, lots and lots of kava.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punta Arenas to Santiago - Nov. 29, 2019

Last day at Sea - Nov. 27, 2019

Nesting Albatross and Rockhopper Penguins - Nov 26, 2019